Coronavirus Pandemic – Contagious Hoarding Disruption Clearing Supermarket Shelves. Voluntary Quantity Limits Requested, “Contact Free” Procedures Offered to Customers with Fever or Flu Symptoms
US STRONG news – Boise, Idaho: President Vivek Sankaran, Albertsons Companies, Inc. reports 3.13.2020. To our valued customers and neighbors,
At Albertsons Companies, we know the important roles our store and pharmacy play in your life and we are grateful for the trust you put in us for your needs. As the situation around Coronavirus has developed, we have been and will continue to monitor all information locally, nationally and globally so we can plan how to best serve you. I wanted to take a moment to share some of the things our team is doing:
- Running Clean Stores and Pharmacies. We have stepped up how often we clean and disinfect all departments, restrooms, and other high-touch points of the store, like checkstands and service counters. Cart wipes and hand sanitizer stations have been installed in key locations within the stores for your convenience, too. As always, we encourage customers to wash their fresh and packaged produce before consuming at home.
- In-Stock Items. In many markets, we are asking customers to respect quantity limits of select, high-demand items (like hand sanitizers and household cleaners) to help ensure more of our neighbors can find the products they need. We’re refilling high-demand products as quickly as we can.
- Taking Care of Our Team. All of our associates are encouraged to follow the CDC’s recommendations to keep themselves and their loved ones healthy. We are encouraging our associates to stay home when they feel ill, and are working with our Human Resources team to ensure that every member of our team who faces a crisis can have peace of mind that we will help them get through it. Please help us keep our store associates and community safe by considering use of our Grocery Delivery or Drive Up & Go services if you have a fever or flu symptoms such as cough or shortness of breath.
- Planning for Local Needs. Our team is also planning to make sure we can serve you if your community becomes impacted in a significant way. From a single case to local community outbreaks or situations, we have plans to keep our stores and pharmacies open and serving our communities.
- Shopping for You. Our Grocery Delivery, Pharmacy Delivery, and Drive Up & Go services are still available to you. You can find more information at your store’s website (Albertsons.com, for example; see below for our complete list). Our E-commerce team is following enhanced sanitization protocols for all of their equipment, and washing their hands and using hand sanitizer before every order. We’ve created “Contact Free” delivery procedures for our team and changed our signature processes so that our delivery drivers can sign for you when delivering your order, after completing an ID check, if necessary. Please use our “Contact Free” procedures if you or a household member has a fever or flu symptoms.
Taking Care of You. Your health is important to us. Just as our team continues to follow the CDC’s guidance on staying healthy, we encourage you to do so, too. And don’t forget that our pharmacists are also available to help answer questions you might have
or to offer advice for keeping you and your families healthy year-round.
We know your grocery store and local pharmacy are central to the community. It is a space we share every day. Maintaining your trust is a responsibility we all take very seriously. On behalf of our entire team, thank you for the opportunity to serve you and your community.
President & CEO, Albertsons Companies
ALDI message to our customers about coronavirus from our CEO, Jason Hart
US STRONG news ALDI Corp CEO Jason Hart reports
At ALDI, we know you rely on us as your trusted neighborhood grocery store. We truly value your continued loyalty and I’d like to let you know how we are ensuring we meet your needs during this challenging time.
Our teams are working diligently to keep our shelves stocked and we are continuing to react to the Covid-19 situation. In the midst of increased demand and challenging supply, we are focused on the products you are likely to want most: water, pantry staples, pre-made meals, cleaning supplies, toilet paper and more. To support as many customers as possible, you may see quantity limits placed on select items. We appreciate your patience as some of these products may be temporarily unavailable in some of our stores.
To help maintain a clean and safe environment for you and our employees, we are intensifying cleaning practices at all of our stores, offices and warehouses. We have dedicated more time to sanitization procedures, focused on the most common touch points. As an ALDI customer, your shopping experience may look a little different as we continue to navigate this difficult situation and we thank you for your understanding.
We are thankful for the hard work and dedication of our team members each and every day. We are continuing to be in close communication with our team and are encouraging any sick team members to stay home. In addition, we are enhancing our sick leave policy to further support our employees and their families.
Again, thank you for being a loyal ALDI customer, and we look forward to continuing to serve you, your families and our communities.
CEO, ALDI U.S.
SHOPRITE Important information about